RUN AWAY WITH ME


Good morning, Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

Since I've been getting quite a few reader emails asking about my fitness routine, I decided to take this opportunity to talk to you a little bit about what it is that I normally do to stay in shape. 

First and foremost, I prefer to exercise outside because when it comes to working out, scenery is very important to me. Looking at the same four walls at the gym makes my workouts feel like a chore, but being outdoors, always makes working out feel fresh and new. 


Another thing that is very important to me is changing things up. Whether it's location, or my workouts, I constantly work on finding ways not to fall into the same routine. Aside from the obvious fitness benefits, I believe in the mind and body connection and so, I think feeling good during workouts is really the best way to maximize the results. What makes working out truly enjoyable for me? Well, definitely constantly trying new things, thinking outside the box ( after all, an hour long bike ride or ball room dancing are both great ways to keep in shape ) and incorporating a variety of different exercises within the same workout. 

For example, today I started with a 20 minute run just to warm up. Quick little tip, make sure to control your breathing by taking slow, deep breaths. Shallow, rapid breath send your lungs into overdrive, so you can find yourself gasping for air and getting that side stitch during your run. 

Next, I work on my core, arms and lower body by mixing a few favorite yoga and pilates moves. Another tip, core is extremely important for both yoga and pilates, so make sure to keep your abs flexed while performing the moves. 

Normally, this portion of my workout takes about 30 minutes and varies from day to day. Sometimes, I concentrate on strengthening the muscles and other days I work on flexibility. 

To cool down, I like to end my workouts with either a slower-paced 5 minute run or a walk to slow my heart rate and breathing gradually.  

Lastly, and this is going to sound completely girly, but a cute workout outfit makes the world of difference:) I don't know about you guys, but when I have a new pair of runners or super cute leggings, like the ones from EXP CORE I am sporting in today's post, I cannot wait to take them out for a run! As you may have noticed, I absolutely love EXPRESS, so naturally I was very excited to try out their new activewear line. The particular running leggings and sports bra I am wearing in todays' post actually come in a variety of different colors, but since I have a soft spot for bright sportswear, I fell in love with this pretty turquoise blue and white print. What I also love about the new EXP CORE activewear is that it bends and flexes with you, without impairing movement and feels like you are wearing nothing at all. 

What about you guys, how do you work on your fitness:)? 








EXP CORE compression crop leggings, mesh racerback print sports bra & texture block zip front jacket | NIKE runners 

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle 

Labels: , , , ,