SNEAKERS & LACE

MIGUELINA Bridgette vintage embroidery cover up

To say I was a little reluctant to get on board with sneakers with everything look was to say nothing at all. Perhaps I am a bit old-fashioned, but the notion of sneakers as casual footwear, not suitable for dressier ensembles has been firmly planted in my mind. And so, I continued to pair my dresses and tailored pieces with heels, oxfords and gladiators, basically anything but sneakers. Little did I know but everything I believed in when it came to appropriate footwear was about to change thanks to a particularly crazy busy day:) 

I was running late, so late, I didn't even care about the fact that my hair was a mess and I had no make up on. I grabbed the first dress I could find in my closet and put on a pair of sneakers mainly because they were sitting right by my front door. The whole day was a blur, spent running around from place to place. Yet by the end of the day, the one thing I did remember was not feeling like my feet were on fire! This was a very welcome change indeed! And so, next morning I did it again, I paired a tailored suit with a pair of sneakers and reveled in the feeling of this new found comfort. 

Now, I've become a complete and total sneaker addict! It's not that I am ready so say au revoir to high heels forever, but I definitely reach for a pair of sneakers every chance I get:) 

VITA FEDE mini titan crystal bracelet


MICHAEL KORS Brockton chronograph watch

CHLOE The Marcie mini textured leather shoulder bag

MICHAEL KORS Jet Set 6 Collection Irving leather sneaker


MIGUELINA Bridgette vintage embroidery cover up { also love this crochet option } | CHLOE The Marcie mini textured leather shoulder bag | MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS Jet Set 6 Collection Irving leather sneaker | LEVI'S denim jacket | MICHAEL KORS Brockton chronograph watch { similar here } & pave gold-tone bangle | VITA FEDE mini titan crystal bracelet | BAUBLEBAR snowball pearl cuff | GOLD PHILOSOPHY pearled treble ring 

Labels: , , , , , ,